Sunday, May 9, 2010

Alexis is 11 weeks old

It's been a while since I have blogged, because I am now back to work - and not that excited about it.  Things are going ok, and have actually been a lot less stressful since I got back, but I would rather be at home with my baby.

Brian is currently on "paternity" leave, until May 21st, so he is staying home with her.  This makes it a little easier for me, because I usually come home everyday at lunch time to feed her.  I am contemplating trying to do the same thing when she is in daycare, but we will see how that goes.

What is she up to these days??  Well, she is SUPER smiley ALL the time.  I love this, because all you have to really do is look at her and she gets a HUGE grin on her face.  It makes it VERY hard to put her down, or to force her to go to sleep when she does not want to.  It's very rare that we have to do that, but sometimes I do have to let her cry for 3-5 minutes before she will go to bed.  Most of the time, I can get her to go to sleep by cuddling up with her and giving her her passey, but sometimes she will fight it - especially when she is SUPER sleepy.

Most of the time she ends up sleeping with me, but I have started putting her to bed in her crib.  She will go down anywhere from 8-10pm, and has started getting up around 2:30 to eat.  Uusally we end up falling asleep together, so she will sleep with me until around 5-6am.  I have to get up at 6:30 to get ready for work, so only waking up 1 time in the night is not so bad.  Last week, I think she was going through a growth spurt, because both Wednesday and Thursday night she got up almost every hour - 2 hours.  She was very hungry!

I am not sure how much she weighs right now, but when she went for her 2 month check up, she was 13lbs 6oz and 22" long.  I would venture a guess to say that she is at least 14 lbs now.  She is very chunky, and I love it!

She is starting to do much better with daddy now that she has been home with him for 3 - going on 4 weeks.  She does not get as fussy with him, and is even in the bedroom watching TV with him while I type this blog. 

She just started in the last week sucking on her hands.  I thought at 1st is was because she was hungry, but she will do it even after she eats.  She might be discovering that she has a built in pacifier!!  It's too cute.

She LOVES to talk and coo at you.  She will do this for a good 10-20 minutes sometimes.  She definately loves all the attention, and will even let you know if she was not done talking to you.  It's too cute.

Well, I think that is about it right now.  She will be 3 months old on the 21st.  She's growing WAY too fast, but I love to see all the little stages.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...........


No comments: