Friday, June 22, 2012

My love for Publix

Well, it's been over two years since I have made a blog post, but I guess I will now start using this to post my couponing saving!!

So, this is the 1st week I have taken a picture of my trip.  I have been extreme couponing for about a year now, and I must say, I am addicted!!!!  After gong last week and getting $631 for $164 total, I was not supposed to go back the rest of this month.  I honestly was going only for the free Japanese noodles and to get milk and bread, and well.....it turned into something much bigger! I do the majority of my shopping at Publix and refuse to shop any where else.  I have 3 freezers (2 fridge/freezers and one 7 cubic foot deep freezer) that can not handle any more food.  I wanted to take advantage of the big chicken/ground beef sale with Zaycon Foods, but I have ZERO places to put it!  

Here is how I did this week at Publix.
28 packs of 4 rolls of toilet paper 6 boxes of frosted flakes
29 bottles of vitamins (money makers)
10 boxes of waffles
10 packs of Japanese noodles
3 gallons of milk
2 pints of 1/2 and 1/2
4 packs of diapers
10 lunchables
4 benadryl cream
2 boxes of icecream bars
10 boxes of tyson hot wings
4 smoothie shakes
2 packages of salad
2 loaves of wheat bread
14 bottles of resolve or sticks of resolve
3 boxes of trash bags
I will also include the jelly beans that I opened to keep the kids quite during our trip.  I actually had to buy them because I have to take my glucose test next week (We are expecting our 4th child in 12 weeks). 
 All of that, $505 worth of products, and I only spent $13!!!!!!!  I was able to use 15 of my $5/30 Winn Dixie Coupons.  The benefit to shopping the same Publix for a year and also taking all 3 children, they don't make you do separate transactions!  Well, if your Publix is nice, they won't.  Gotta love it
Being 7 months pregnant and taking all 3 children has gotten to be a chore.  I will have to try to do my trip when the kids are napping, because my husband broke his foot two weeks ago and had surgery last week. While the older two are old enough to help him and really take care of themselves for the most part, they are not quite old enough to take care of our 2 yr old, and surely can not get her in and out of her crib when she wakes up.  He can not walk for now 9 weeks more, and we are having our baby in 12 weeks.  Talk about timing!  Thankfully, I am a stay at home mom; otherwise, I don't know what I would do.

No comments: