Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Posting Again!

Wow, I have actually found some time to post yet again! This week so far has projected to be a slow one. Mondays are usually pretty busy, but after about 2pm yesterday, my day slowed down. Around 4pm I decided to go a head and do my Friday Reports, and that kept me busy until a little after 5pm.

Yesterday was my day to go pick up the kids (Brian had to ref. football). I dread the drive, because it's kind of out of the way, and traffic is not usually very good either. Yesterday was a little more congested than normal. It was raining, and I hate to say it, but people do not know how to drive in the rain! But, I got there before the daycare closed, and that is all that really matters. Kaitlyn had a good day, because she could not wait to tell me that she did not get in time out all day long. SO, we went to Taco Bell for dinner! She was so excited.

Tyler did something yesterday that was a 1st for me to see. Usually when I get there to pick up the kids, they are all in one room watching a movie, patiently waiting for their parents to get there. Tyler, as soon as he sees me, usually come crawling as fast as he can to me, but not yesterday. Yesterday when he saw me, he pushed himself up with his hands until he was standing, walked a few steps, tripped over another kid, stood back up and walked over to me! I was so excited. Yes, he has been walking for a few weeks now, and even standing up on his own to walk, but usually he tries to get to me as fast as he can - which means crawling! My little boy is growing up!

Because I had the kids all to myself last night, it meant getting all the things done in one night, alone. Usually I am too tired (whether Brian is home or not), to do too much once I get home from work. Our "New Year's Resolution" is to save as much money as we can each month. This means eating more at home. I have been trying to do this as much as possible, with the occassional treat to Taco Bell, when daddy is not going to be home for dinner. So, we picked up Taco Bell, came home, ate dinner, Tyler was so tired he didn't each much of what I gave him (and he also had 2 cerael bars in the car so he was probably full). He went to bed not too long after we got home. He was sweet, I layed him down, covered him up, and he just layed on his back looking up at me with his thumb in him mouth! Those are the moments I cherish. Kaitlyn finished her food and played for a while while I proceeded to put some laundry on, do the dishes, get dinner for tonight ready (Roast and Potatoes!!), and put away some laundry that has been sitting out all weekend. WOW! That's more than I do on a weekend sometimes. I'm trying to be more motivated to get a little bit done every night so come weekend we can try to relax and enjoy!!! We will see how long that lasts......

Well, I better figure out what I need to be doing today. I am feeling a lot better health wise, but I still have some sinus pressure....even in my ears...today they feel like they might burst....ugg....


Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: