Friday, January 9, 2009

So busy and never enough time to post

As I sit here tonight, I ponder all the things that have taken place since my last post. It has been a long time since I have even looked at this thing.

I was taking care of the kids the other night, and as I was rocking Tyler to sleep, I thought about what a good post it would be, if I only had time to write. We are constantly on the go, and hardly ever home long enough to enjoy our time home, and I decided to actually spend some "mommy time" with Tyler. Brian had been sick, and I had to take the kids to school and pick them up. Tyler had been unusually cranky (which cranky is not unusual for him), so I wondered what might be the problem. I realized that Tyler had not seen or even spent time with mommy in at least 6 days, because I was sick with the flu. So, I decided that after dinner, I would give him a bath and just sit and hold him for a while. So, after bathing the kids, I got Tyler dressed in his pjamas, and rocked him for a while. It's been a very long time since I have done that. I just sat and loved him, and thought about the fact that therer will come a point in time when he will no longer allow me to. Mind you, Kaitlyn wouldn't let me hold her long before now, but Tyler is a little bit of a mama's boy. He just layed on my chest while I scratched/rubbed his back, and just took in the moment and tried to make a mental memory. All the way until he fell asleep. He was so prescious just laying there, I didn't want to put him down. We sat there for a few more minutes, then I put him to bed.

As I am recalling this memory, I am also listening to my husband have a conversation with Kaitlyn on why she would hit her friends at school. We have a little bit of a rough week. Kaitlyn has been in time out every day for hitting or kicking her friends. Usually one time would be enough to keep her out of time out for anything for at least a week, but not this week. She also got in trouble yesterday for pulling her dress up, pulling her panties down and shaking her booty in her brother's face at school. Mind you she did it in front of other people too. When her teacher told me about it, she told me she that she told Kaitlyn that it might be o.k. to do that at home, but not at school. I can only imagine the look on my face.....I told her "We do not do that at home." I have NO idea where she got that idea from. I was shocked! Not sure what has gotten into my daughter these days. Usually when I go to pick them up from school (which is usually only once a week), we go by Taco Bell on the way home. The first day I picked them up, we did go. Kaitlyn has asked every day this week to go, but every day I have told her that we only go to Taco Bell on special days, and when she can be good at school and not go in time out. Today I had planned to take her there after school. When her teacher told me she was not good, I ALMOST gave in. I thought about telling her that we would go, but next time she wasn't good, we couldn't go, but I had to stop myself. I had to say "No, I told you it's for treats. You were not good, so you can not have a treat." Let's hope I can stick to this.

Well, this is nothing of a catch up, but I am tired. I am not going to promise that I will keep up with the posts, but I will at least try to post as often as I can.

Until then!

1 comment:

daynagonzalez said...

I remember when my boys were small enough to rock to sleep....now I just have to settle for kissing them good night and laying beside them in the bed until I fall asleep before them....

Good for you for not giving in and going back on what you said. It's hard to be tough sometimes! You'll laugh about her little prank later! :o)