Friday, March 26, 2010

Alexis is 1 month old

I can not believe my baby girl is 1 month old!  Heck, I can't believe my other baby girl is 4 and 1/2 years old and my baby boy is 2 1/2 years old.  Time sure does fly by fast.

Alexis and Kaitlyn had check ups at the doctor this week.  Kaitlyn is 37 lbs and 40 3/4" tall.  She is now in the 50% for both height and weight.  The last few check-ups, she had only been in the 10% for her weight, so I am pleased that she is now back up to 50%.

Alexis weighs 10 lbs 12 oz and is 21" long.  She is in the 90% for both!  All of my kids started out at "chunkers" but Kaitlyn thinned out a little.  Tyler is still a little "solid", but that's o.k., because he is a BOY, and boys are SOLID! :).

WHAT ARE THEY UP TO NOW???

Kaitlyn

  • is in preschool and learning to write her name. 

  • she loves to spell out any word she sees on her daddy's t-shirt

  • loves playing games on MeMaw's I-phone and can figure them all out pretty quickly

  • has started a little pouchy lip, pouty thing since the new baby has come home

  • is a picky eater, but is starting to try new foods when I cook dinner

  • is a very good big sister helper!

  • really enjoys "girl days" or outings with just her and me and Lexi


Tyler
  • is in preschool learning letters and colors and shapes
  • is very sensitive
  • starting to talk a lot more
  • has started to need a little more attention since new baby has come home
  • loves spending time with daddy and throwing the football
  • says he is going to play football when he gets bigger
  • will eat anything you set in front of him
  • is starting to potty train
  • is very fascinated by his new little sister
  • is starting to understand "boy vs. girl" and "sister vs. brother"

Alexis
  • is starting to get on a 4 hour schedule for feeding and sleeping
  • likes to stay awake for about 2 hours before morning and afternoon nap
  • is starting to "coo"
  • recognizes mommy's voice and looks for me when she hears me, if I'm not holding her
  • gets a "knowing" look on her face when she sees me and sometimes will smile
  • loves to be held and to sleep with mommy



It's interesting to see each kid at the stage they are in.  The other two, you can tell, need some attention, but we are trying to make sure we give them all equal attention.  They definately love helping mommy when it comes to the new baby....

2 comments:

Angela said...

Alexis is so beautiful! And you really have some cute clothes for her! I like that you did updates for all 3 kids... that was very sweet.

Stacie said...

most of the outfits are courtesy "Memaw." Got to childrensplace.come and I think all of my kids have just about every outfit they have there - at least the dressy ones....oh and Steph's little boy has matching ones too to match my kids. My mom goes CRAZY! :)