Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home again.....

Well, I thought with the long weekend that it would help kick any illness that Tyler may or may not have so that we could return back to school/work. We were fine all weekend long, spent Sunday at the pool and just had a great weekend.... Well, until yesterday. Tyler did not really want to take a nap yesterday...kept waking up and whining every 45 minutes. He started to get a little bit of a fever yesterday and we saw that he is cutting teeth. FUN TIMES!!!! Not long before bed he had a "blow out" so I knew he was not feeling well. This morning he woke up with a loose diaper, but it was not the "blow out" from the night before. He was a little cranky this morning, but I gave him some motrin and sent him to school. I guess I was hoping we could drug him up enough that he would be o.k.

I receved 2 phone calls from the school before noon. They decided to watch his diapers after he had 2 "blow outs" because they knew he was teething. She told me 1 more and he would have to go home. Not even a hour later they called me back......UGGG....

These are the times that you really feel like a "mom." Taking care of sick kids, and trying to figure out how to help them feel better. Do you medicate, do you not. What kind of medicine do you give them? Do you let them have milk or juice? Maybe Sprite?? But is the soda bad for a 2 year old?? Don't we drink Sprite when we have an upset stomach??? I know my son tends to have loose diapers when he drinks juice, regardless of whether he is sick or not. Milk is not supposed to be good on an upset stomach.

I never call out sick, especially for my kids. I have been blessed that they do not get sick that often, or if they do, it's on the weekends. It really stinks that I had to take all day Friday off, we had the long weekend, and now I have to take 1/2 day off today. I feel bad, but what can I do? These are my kids, and if I have to take time off because they are sick, then that is what I have to do.

My last job, if they were sick, I just went across the street to pick them up, and brought them back to work with me. Unfortunately, I can not do that at this job. Luckily, I get paid time off. The only bad thing is, I am trying to save every ounce of it up so that I can stay home as long as I can when I have the new baby. Guess we will cross that hurdle when it comes.

So, hopefully Tyler will be much better tomorrow, and he can go back to school after lunch. My husband is supposed to stay home tomorrow with him, but we will see if that really happens. Let's just hope we get past this hurdle and will be nice and well from here on out!!!

No comments: