Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1st day of training!

Yesterday was my official start date at my new job, although the entire day was spent flying from Jacksonville to Birmingham, AL. When I got there though, my boss picked me up and we drove to the hotel to check in and went to eat. I guess I slept O.K., but you know how that is when you are in a different place, especially by yourself.

Tonight should be a lot better because we worked for a LONG time today. My hips hurt so much from just sitting down. I wish I had my bath tub here so I could take a nice bubble bath.

Today was just a bunch of training and basic stuff. Tomorrow, I forcast for things to get a little more technical, but we covered A LOT today! The bad thing is that I do not get to go back to my office next week and actually start applying things I learned this week. We will be out of town yet ANOTHER week for National Conference. I am not really sure what all this consists of, but I think it's mostly technical stuff based company wide. We do more district and regionally located conferences come January that is more targeted to our area and needs. Should be fun.

So, so far so good. I think I will like this job.......I do miss my kids though. I have talked to Kaitlyn last night, this morning and now tonight. My husband send me an email telling me he has a new found love and respect for me because he has had to do all the things that I just "take care of" that he doesn't even realize need to be done. It's sweet. I miss him too and I know he is doing a great job.

I will write more later when I have time. But just wanted all of you to know that things are going good so far........

1 comment:

~Madye~ said...

glad things are going well so far with your new job.