Sunday, September 14, 2008

I made it through the week

I just have to say, More power to the stay at home moms!! I am sure that I could do it if I had to, but there are times that I am glad that my family NEEDS me to work. That is a horrible thing to say isn't it? I feel bad for thinking that, because I do love my children and I enjoy the time I have with them. But, I have ADHD, and I can not stand to be cooped up or not doing something. I constantly have to be on the go, and with 2 little ones, sometimes that is hard.

One thing I did from the very beginning, was not try to make a routine of nap times and just go when I needed to go. Sure, there were days that we did take naps on schedule and things like that, but it was much easier to have kids that could just go with the flow. Babies are usually good with that, because they sleep anywhere. Kaitlyn never really had a problem with that, and even when she got a little older and would not sleep in the stoller, she would either sleep in the car seat on the way home, then go down for a nap or just take a nap when we got home. She was never really a cranky kid if she missed a nap.

Tyler on the other hand is a little bit different. If we are in the car long enough, he will fall asleep, but that is not the best place for naps. I think I also discovered this week he will not take naps in the stroller anymore......NOT GOOD. Unlike Kaitlyn, he DOES get cranky if he does not have a nap. Fortunately, he has gone to taking only 1 nap a day, for several hours. That is what they do at school, so he has adopted that behavior at home too. This actually works out well, because I usually just make sure I am home right after lunch time to get a good nap in. Let me tell ya though, I had this whole week off of work, and had LOTS of plans of things I needed to get done, but didn't get too much of them done after all. I even attempted a pedicure and manicure while having them with me, and let's just say that I only got to get a pedicure. I might be insane for taking them with me, but they really are pretty good in public. It was just lunchtime and naptime all at the same time, so the nails would have to wait.

Next week, Tuesday to be exact, I am going to start my new job. I am really excited about it. The only thing I am not overly excited about is that I will be out of town the 1st two weeks, but I do come home for the weekend in between. Not that I don't want to go out of town, but I am going to miss my husband and kids. I will fill you in on how the training goes.

I get to enjoy one more day of no work on Monday, but this time it will be without the kids. They start their new school tomorrow, and I am glad that I will actually be here to take them and pick them up tomorrow, that way I can hear all about their 1st day (well from Kaitlyn anyway).

1 comment:

~Madye~ said...

That's not a horrible thing to say. Many times I wish that I did have a job-even a part time one- just so I can get out of the house and interact with adults.
it is hard being a stay at home mom. we dont have a second car so that limits me on what i get to do with aiden during the week. its soo blessed hot here in fl going out for a walk at times is out of the question.
i love my son and i love the opportunity that i dont have to work, but sometimes i really wish i could just get out on my own.