Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long lost blogger

Sorry I have not written all week. Things have been a little hectic. I will give you the latest updates........

Last Tuesday, my kids were sick, but I also had a face to face interview for a new job. I think it went pretty well (you will find out later in this blog that I KNOW it went well). They told me that they would give me a call and let me know one way or the other.

Wednesday was the start of the storms. The kids still weren't feeling well, but I also did not want to drive all the way over to work (over the bridge) and have the bridges close (which they did), and get stuck on that side of town, so I stayed home.

Thursday, the schools were closed as well as my work. We were going on 3 days now being cooped up in the house. By now I was starting to get a little stir crazy, but I was enjoying my time off and the time with the kids. My husband's work was still open, even though the rest of the banks were closed around him. He was not too happy about that either. One of his girls had to drive 45 min one way to work, and she lived close to where the storm was hitting pretty bad. He didn't like having to tell his employees that they still had to work, regardless of their saftey. They finally closed at 4:00. Later that afternoon, I received a phone call from the company I interviewed with to do a face to face with the VP of Operations (the position I was interviewing for is Operations Coordinator). I was pretty excited, and they wanted me to come the next day! That was good because my office was closed.

I was off again on Friday. They kept telling my husband that they were going to have to go in, but they were trying to decide WHEN. Finally, they made the call and said they didn't have to come in at all. YEAH!! I still went for my interview....it was close to my house and the weather was not too bad. This interview went pretty too. I left feeling somewhat confident, but you still never know. THEN, at 6:00 pm, she called and offered me the job!! I can not tell you what a relief this was. I was nervous about giving my 2 weeks, but it was such a burden lifted off my shoulders to have such an opportunity come up.

Monday, I took the kids to school. I though seeing Kaitlyn tell her teacher she was going to have to go to a new school was worse then me having to tell my boss I was leaving. It was really sad. I went to work, EXTREMELY nervous, and actually had an opportunity to tell my boss 1st thing. Brian did not want me to tell him until I had an official email offer from the company. I received the offer later that morning, and after lunch I went to tell him (not without crying though). BUT IT WAS DONE!!!! So, the rest of the days have been really hectic. Because I do actually care about my job and my customers, I am trying to finalize everything, close as many jobs as I can (so I can also get more $$), and just get everything to a point where there should not be any questions after I leave. Of course, there will be some questions, but it won't be a chaotic mess. At least I hope not.

SOOOO, this is the update. I do not start my new job until Sept. 16th, but my last day at my current job is Sept. 5th. This will give me a week to spend with the kids and also give me time to look at the daycare we are wanting to send them to and just spend some time relaxing.

My first week of work will be spent in Alabama for training, and the second week will be in Utah for a retreat. I will be home on the weekend in between, but my husband will have to play both mommy and daddy for 2 weeks.....Good luck!!

Sooo.....that is my update.......Sorry it took so long to give you all the news.....

No comments: