Monday, August 11, 2008

My son is no longer a "baby"

I have so much other stuff I SHOULD be doing right now, but I just finished a deadline and sent the info to the customer, so I feel like I can slack off for just a little bit. I am also STARVING, but I have to wait until 12:00 to eat lunch because I am going to lunch with my dad.

So, my son is no longer a baby. This saddens me a little bit. On Thursday (his first birthday), after taking him to the doctor for his 1 yr check up, I dropped him off at the daycare. I had received my receipt for payment for the week with a note on the bottom that the fees were going down $4/week ($20/mo) and I was EXSTATIC! What I did not realize is that he was going to be moving up to the next class……

IM NOT READY!!!!!!

Tyler is definitely ready to go to the next class, other than he is not walking yet, but there is another girl in his class that is not walking either. He also does not eat table food yet, but I told her she was more than welcome to try and if he didn’t eat it she said she would feed him his baby food. We will see how he did when I pick him up. In fact, I will probably call as soon as I am done with this blog. He also has to take a nap on the big boy mat now….we will see how well that works.

IM NOT READY!!!!!!!

I guess since Kaitlyn was with a girlfriend of mine when she was Tyler’s age, and she didn’t really make me go through stages like this, I didn’t really realize how quickly she was growing up. BUT I also think part of it is this is my last one (for now), and I want him to stay a baby forever. Kaitlyn came to work with me 1-2 times a week until she was 6 months old, but I was not able to do that with Tyler. He also goes to bed A LOT sooner than she used to. So, I guess since I am working all the time, it feels like he is growing up even faster!!!!!

IM NOT READY!!!!!!!

I guess I better get ready. Ready or not, here it comes!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awww...so sad! I hope he does okay, though, in his new big boy class.

Great post, by the way!