Friday, August 1, 2008

Saddened....

A "friend" of mine just lost her baby. She was only 10 weeks and went in for her 1st sonogram and there was no heartbeat. Her husband sent a message to my husband Wednesday night to let him know. At first we were not sure what happened. His message read, "Will not be at Tijuana tomorrow. We lost the baby." (The boys all get together every Thursday for lunch @ Tijuana.) Yesterday, he called my husband to tell him the details. They had the DNC yesterday, and told them that it wasn't anything she did, there was something wrong with the baby (ie...disease, mental problem, something of that sort, they were not specific). It's one of those bitter sweet things. You are saddened because you lost your child, but you are also somewhat greatful that if there were indeed issues, your child is not going to have to live their life with those kinds of handicaps.

What also saddens me is that I am not sure if these "friends" of ours are Christians. Not to say that they do not believe in God, but "Christian" in what the word really means. I think you can have religion without being a "Christian." Sure, they got married in a church, and they did the religious baptism for their first child, but they do not attend church regularly. I know that is is difficult for the mother, but I am also saddened by the fact that she might be blaming herself, God, or someone/something that this happened. I do not know if she has the faith to fall back on God to help her through this time. I don't know what I would do in this situation, but I hope that I can be there for her as a friend.......

No comments: