Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July and Happy Anniversary

Four years ago, my husband and I met and now, four years later, we are married and have 2 kids. Usually on the 4th of July, my aunt has a big get together, and I think we hav been like 1 or 2 times in the last 4 years. The only other option is to go to my husband's friend's house. So, this year I decided I didn't want to do ANYTHING, but spent the time at home.

Brian let me sleep in and watched the kids so I could do so. Usually 1 of 3 things happens though. Either Kaitlyn decides she wants mommy and he can't keep her from coming in to wake me up, Tyler cries uncontrollably and he can not get him to stop, or I lay there unable to fall asleep until I get up around 9 a.m. This time, these were not the case. Kaitlyn was fine playing with daddy and bubba, Tyler is old enough now that he likes to play with sissy, and I slept until 11:40. WOW!!! I don't know when the last time was that I did that.....I really needed it. So, I was nice and rested and while my husand and kids took a 3 hour nap, I cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, and did some laundry (it's not all done though, there is still a mound!!)

Saturday I repaid Brian for letting me sleep in, and he slept til about 12:00, then I took Kaitlyn to meet my mom at the mall to go shopping....I bought lots of stuff, then came home and tried it all on and decided I didn't like but 2 of the things I bought....Do you hate that or what? Now I have to take it all back.............

So, to the uneventful 4th of July, it was nice to spend the time with the family and do NOTHING!!! Hope you had a good 4th.....................

2 comments:

daynagonzalez said...

Sleeping til almost noon?! Wow! Good for you!

Angela said...

Wow! I don't remember the last time I slept that late! Although yesterday we didn't get up until like 9:30 and then I took a nap from like 1:30-5:45....so I guess that's about the same :) Glad you had a good 4th!!