Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Potty Training

Both of my kids started in school the first of this year. Kaitlyn had just turned 2 in October, and we had not really started potty training. When she started in school, her teacher told me that she takes the kids potty ever hour so that should help with the potty training. After a while she was doing good, even asking to go (while she was at school mind you). She would still wear a pull-up for nap time and when they went outside, because she would still sometimes have accidents, and there was the pooping issue. She REFUSED to go poop on the potty.

FINALLY, about a month ago, her teacher told her she was not putting pull-ups on anymore and she needed to use the potty. She has been doing VERY good. When she started doing that, I stopped putting pull-ups on at home because I noticed she would not tell me she needed to go potty unless she had panties on. One day she needed to poop, and she went in her room and put a pull-up on just so she could go because she didn't want to go on the potty. We had a little chat after that, and I showed her we only had 2 pull-ups left and mommy was not buying anymore (I still have some in the diaper bag, but she doesn't know that). I decided that it was too expensive to buy pull-ups and if she still needed to wear one at night time then she could wear a diaper, since her and Tyler wear the same size, knowing she does not want to wear a diaper.

Last night I decided to put panties on her. I have the thicker kind as well as the plastic cover-up that I was going to put on her, BUT, I couldn't find the cover-up. I was very hesitant and almost went and got a diaper to put on her, but she wanted to wear the panties. So, she went potty before bed (and even pooped too :) ), and went to bed. About 10:00 I woke her up and tried to get her to go potty but she didn't need to go. I also told her when she was going to bed that she needed to get up and go potty because she did not have another mermaid sheet (her whole room is little mermaid and she LOVES it!). She would have to use one of Tyler's sheets, and she doesn't like that. I woke up around 2:45 and thought about getting her up to go potty again, but I didn't. When I got up this morning I thought I had made a mistake not getting up.

Kaitlyn woke up and went straight to the potty in my room. She told me she did not pee pee in her panties, so I checked her....YEAH! WE WERE DRY!!!!!

I know this may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me. Do you have any idea how expensive those pull-ups are? I am sure we will still have accidents, but I am so proud of her. She's getting sooo big!!

No comments: