Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rough Start

So today started rather rough.....

I have been trying to get Tyler his breakfast before we leave the house, because when he moves up to the next class, they do not feed them breakfast. So, I have been trying to be a good mom and feed both my kids a good breakfast before I leave the house. Normally, this works pretty well. Kaitlyn will usualy get up while I am getting ready so I can get her fed before I am done getting ready, and my husband is usually up helping by making the bottles and even getting Tyler up and dressed at times. This morning was different. My husband is sick, so he did not get up to make the bottle and both kids must have been exhausted from our very stressful Target trip the night before because they were both still sleeping at 7:45. I went to get Tyler up and dressed and he was starting to wake up, I opened Kaitlyn's doors so maybe the noise of Tyler and me playing while I get him dressed would hopefully wake her up. It did! But by the time I got both kids ready it was almost 8:00 and still no breakfast. (I like to leave before 8.) We will had to make a birthday card for her teacher's birthday too. So I sit down to feed Tyler and Kaitlyn was upset because I had not gotten her breakfast yet. That meant I had to get up and get hers while Tyler screamed because he was hungry. We got both of them fed (mind you I think there is more peaches in my hair than actually made it in his mouth), got them in the car and pulled out of the driveway at 8:10....not too bad right? Tyler likes to drink his bottle in the car on the way to school, which helps keep him distracted meaning NO SCREAMING all the way to school. He dropped the first one I gave him and it was not where I could reach it, so I grabbed another one out of the bag. A little later I hear him sucking on something so I look in the back and he had unscrewed the top off the bottle and poured milk all over the car and himself...NICE. When I drop the kids off at school, I usually have to drop Kaitlyn off first because she can not be in the baby room. This morning I took him straight his class and asked them if they could PLEASE change his clothes. I think those ladies in there hate me. I am always forgetting something or doing something wrong. The probably wonder how my children survive with a mom like me........

Im at work now...Let's hope this gets better!

No comments: